Wednesday 19 November 2014

Christmas 2014 with Holmegaard



In case it escaped you, I'm getting into the holiday mood early this year. After lunch today I'm even attending my first Christmas Fair this season. I'm so excited! I'm not the type who stresses over the Christmas preparation; I think once you have established a holiday tradition it's just about getting the things you need in time (I'm not a fan of last-minute shopping). I also keep things minimal, as I don't like decorating excessively. Many people find it a dilemma to buy presents, especially for people who have everything, and they can end up spending hours going from shop to shop in search of simply anything. For me that's history and a waste of valuable time. When it comes to such presents I like the idea of establishing a tradition as well.

To give you an example, some time ago I started giving one important person in my life an item from the Holmegaard Christmas Collection. Holmegaard is a Danish company that has created beautiful glassware since 1825. I don't know which year they started their holiday range but every year they add new motifs. I'm always excited to see what they will offer and once they introduce it I take some time to let the pieces grow on me until I decide which one to get. In the process usually all the items end up on my wish list!


• Looking for inspiration for the holidays? Check out my Christmas | jól board on Pinterest

photo credit:
Holmegaard

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful gift given from the heart values the most. It's funny, I was thinking about the art of gifting these days, and of how I would like to establish a new tradition from now on. For example, we are giving our godson a thoughtfully chosen wooden decoration for the Christmas tree every year. I hope he will be happy with his collection when he grows up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love that wooden decoration idea for your godson!

      Delete
  2. You are really early with the festive mood!! I am still not in the festive mood but I try to work on it - today I hung a light garland in my room in order to set me in mood. Let's see if it works:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making up for last year's lack of it with a double Christmas mood this year ;-) Hope the garland helps!

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.