Friday 17 January 2014

in a Swedish farmhouse



For almost a year I have been admiring this photo, regularly opening my country folder to get a glimpse of its special mood. The muted tones and texture lure me in, but there is something else I cannot define. Maybe it's the food and insignificant small items, that are part of everyday life, that make this photo so special. Or maybe it's the idea of living in a farmhouse. I found it on Pinterest when searching for something and I had no luck tracing the source. It wasn't until later that I discovered (thanks to H is for Home blog) that it was part of a Swedish farmhouse feature in Volume 1 of Elle Decoration Country. Unfortunately, I don't know who the photographer is. The magazine is a luxurious bi-annual featuring some of the world’s most spectacular countryside homes and they recently published Vol. 3, which I'm hoping to get my hands on soon.

Have a wonderful weekend!

photo credit:
Elle Decoration Country, Volume 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.