Friday 20 December 2013

a Danish home at Christmas


I just wanted to post these lovely images of a Danish home in Hellerup at Christmas to wish you a wonderful weekend. I find it beautifully decorated and I like the black and golden theme. I have never decorated with black myself, but it looks quite stylish.

Got any plans this weekend? Today A and I went into town to do the Christmas shopping and will continue and finish tomorrow. I thought there would be more craziness in stores by now but people seem fairly easy going, excluding those that seem to express their built-up irritation in traffic! Right now I'm preparing a simple dinner for the kids and myself (the Friday pizzas were served yesterday), as A is off to Birmingham to enjoy a Christmas dinner with his work colleagues. There will be no more school for the kids until January so tonight it's relaxation and DVD-time. While shopping today I got myself a copy of last year's Downton Abbey Christmas special and am looking forward to watching it, although I know it doesn't exactly end well.

*Looking for inspiration for the holidays? Check out my Christmas board on Pinterest

photo credit:
Kira Brandt for Bo Bedre

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Lisa! What fun to be in England – I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxed and joyful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a room big enough to have a piano in it (even though I don't know how to play piano!). Enjoy the weekend and Merry Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture Perfect!
    Have a wonderful christmastime and a very happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the kind of Christmas decorating I like. :) So elegant! This year we've put the Christmas tree in a lovely pot and we're thinking of planting it somewhere after the holidays. Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.