Saturday 30 November 2013

Thanksgiving meets Christmas

As I was saying in my last post, I'm not ready for Christmas, but tonight we are having a turkey feast (the smell from the kitchen is divine) instead of the usual cosiness on the first Advent Sunday, which is tomorrow. When we lived in Belgium and Luxembourg we embraced the Sinterklaas tradition and we decorated the tree before the arrival of Santa (6th Dec.) to add to the magic. That meant that on the first Sunday in December the house was ready for Christmas.

However, our new living room isn't ready for a tree, and I won't fit one in the sitting room, so tonight we are going for a late-Thanksgiving-meets-Christmas spirit. And I guess we could say that we are also celebrating the fact that the wi-fi is functioning again. I think that alone calls for a glass of red ... and a blog post!

*Looking for inspiration for the holidays? Check out my Christmas board on Pinterest

photo credit:
Age Old Tree blog

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that you will have no trouble finding your Christmas boxes and your special touches will bring a festive atmosphere to your new home! We just returned from Europe-the holiday decorations are gorgeous!

    Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new house and area!!

    Lisa ox

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.