Wednesday 1 May 2013

drawing with light 19

Gorgeous sunlight flooding into the Brooklyn house of photographer Mark Borthwick.

This photo seemed ideal for the first post of May. It looks promising somehow. That's a good word for the start of the new month, isn't it?

Last night I was cuddling with my son, we were watching Kevin Costner's Dances with Wolves (1990), and I was thinking about how fast one year goes by. We have lived in Luxembourg for one year now. Exactly one year ago I woke up in this house for the first time and had my first latte in the kitchen. We are more settled now - luckily there are no boxes blocking our path - yet, it feels like there are so many things that still need to be bought and done. It's nothing to stress over; it's just a reminder that it takes a little time to turn a house into a home.

photo credit:
David Rosenzweig for Time Out New York via through the keyhole

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it takes time to turn a house into a home. But I kind of like the journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is indeed a beautiful picture. happy may. and to many more fabulous years in your new home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time passes very quickly! Lovely photo, I´d love to sit there and read. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.