Friday 22 April 2011

easter shopping

Yesterday I went shopping and on my list were a few yellow items for Easter and ... ahem ... as you can see I didn't buy anything yellow. Okay, okay, okay, I'll admit it, I've a soft spot for blue shades. I even bought light blue napkins. Well, there is some yellow in the orchid, doesn't that count?


photo credit: Lisa Hjalt

We've been going through a breaking glasses phase – they somehow just fall out of our hands and
smash so beautifully on the floor – and we needed more. I've been swooning over these yellow ones, which my moving-to-the-north-gal Signe at SignePling pointed out to me and I was hoping to find something similar. I didn't find any so we simply left Antwerp centre and headed to IKEA. We had some of the turquoise ones so we added to our collection and then bought the three other types too. I don't know about you, but I get so tired of the Made in China label on everything nowadays. So it was a wonderful surprise to see the Made in France label on the glasses second from the left and Made in India label on the tea towels I bought.

Have you guys been shopping for Easter?

10 comments:

  1. Haha 'something yellow'! Don't think that orchid counts Lisa ;) But I LOVE the napkins and your glasses.

    And yes, I am also still swooning over those anthropilogie glasses but I have put myself on a shopping ban until we have setteled in in our new apartment up north. The last thing we need is more stuff that we have to drag with us across the country :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it, I thought the orchid would count.
    By the way, shopping ban sounds h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue/white thing here is so lovely!! The napkins are adorable. And that yellow glass is very cute (in blue too).. Enjoy your Easter Lisa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flott hjá þér Lísa - eins og alltaf :-) og það er sumardagurinn fyrsti hér og blár himinn ...

    Kannast Hins vegar alveg við þetta með glösin..þau brotna hratt hjá stórum fjölskyldum

    páskaknús - Heiða

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually see a lot of yellow and red decorations for Easter, so I really like the feel of these blue finds of yours. Happy Easter, Lisa! Ada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new things! I have not done any shopping really for Easter... we do have cheerful daffodils in urns framing the french doors into the kitchen -- does that count? I really want to stop by my favorite local chocolate shop today, though :)

    I hope you have a fabulous Easter weekend -- filled with love, fun and of course, some delicious sweets!

    xoxo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i give you some wiggle room for the yellow! i like your glasses and the orchid. happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, made in France by IKEA ?
    it's so rare nowadays...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lisa
    Blue is really gorgeous, so I'm content with just the yellow in the orchid.
    Kisses
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I like the look of your purchases. Your Easter table is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.