Tuesday 12 October 2010

love you too lennon and bridges

As most of you know John Lennon would have turned 70 years old on 9th October had he still been among us. Yoko Ono, Sean Lennon, and Ringo Starr spent that day in my home country, Iceland, where they lit Yoko's artwork, the IMAGINE PEACE TOWER, in the small island of Videy. (The photo of Lennon is kindly borrowed from John Lennon.)

The tower was first lit three years ago, on Lennon's birthday, and each year it stays lit until 8th December, the day Lennon was shot to death in 1980.

This year the Plastic Ono Band also held concerts in Reykjavik, where Ringo Starr and others joined them on stage. The Icelanders have embraced Yoko Ono; I read somewhere that the concerts were sold out in 10 minutes.

Of all the tributes I've seen honouring the late John Lennon on his birthday, the one from Jeff Bridges is my favourite. Jeff Bridges is so natural; free of superficiality. I find it impossible not to be affected by the joy in his heart (remember his Oscar acceptance speech when he finally won this year? By the way, at that moment, my heart was bursting with joy).

Over to you, Jeff Bridges!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, got to love Jeff Bridges!
    I was just waiting for the 'goo goo g'joob!' :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.